24.01.2013

Sweet Potato Frittata

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Tatlı Patatesli Frittata"
PER ITALIANO "Frittata di Patata Dolce e Riso"


 
I heard a lot about sweet potatoes, saw on the shelves of a couple of supermarkets, mostly in organic food shops however I had never cooked or even tasted myself until I saw the attractive Sweet Potato Frittata recipe of judydawn, one of the most active members of Forum Thermomix.

I've recently bought some sweet potatoes. Since I didn't remember how much exactly I needed so I wanted to make it sure by buying 1.5 kilos :) It turns out all I needed was around 400 grams. I am happy that I purchased in abundance anyway because we did enjoy the dish and I cooked it twice in a short period of time and still have potatoes for one last time.

You can serve it warm or cold according to your preference. This flexibility also gives you the chance to serve it as a very practical finger food for your parties and invitations.


Ingredients:
60g Arborio rice (I used Ribe rice that I had available at home)
1 litre boiling water
5g parsley leaves, washed and dried
50g mozzarella, roughly chopped
50g parmesan, roughly chopped
2 eggs
75g milk
1 clove of garlic
15g shallot
10g extra virgin olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon (without the white)
1 large sweet potato, cut into 6mm slices (mine weighed around 400g)
Salt, pepper


Preparation:

  • Put boiling water in TM Bowl. (Or put cold water in TM Bowl and bring it to boil for 8 - 10 minutes at Varoma Temperature Speed 1). Add salt, insert steaming basket. Put rice in the basket.


  • Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 3. Refresh under cold water, transfer it into a large bowl.


  • In a clean a dry TM Bowl put onion and garlic. Chop for 2 seconds on Speed 5.
  • Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl with spatula, add oil and cook for 3 minutes at 100°C on Speed 1. Add to the rice.
  • In a clean and dry TM Bowl place parsley and chop for 6 seconds on Speed 6. Add to the rice.


  • Chop mozzarella and parmesan for 6 seconds on Speed 8. Add to the rice.


  • Beat eggs and milk for 7 seconds on Speed 5. Add to the rice. 


  • Add lemon zest to the rice and mix all the ingredients. Add salt if needed.


  • Cut sweet potato into slices and place them in a 11 x 33 cm pan which is previously covered with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper.


  • Spread egg-rice mixture evenly over potatoes.


  • Bake in oven preheated at 180°C for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown.


  • Cut into slices or squares and serve.



Enjoy...




You can see the original recipe here. I reduced the amount of onion from 85g to 15g.

Many hearty thanks to Judy for sharing this marvellous recipe with us.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder