25.09.2012

Waffle

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Waffle"
PER ITALIANO "Waffle"


Waffle is one of Stefano's and my favourites. It is not very common around here, I came across a couple of times however they weren't the way I liked anyway.
There are many ways to serve waffles. It varies from country to country. Some serve with marmalade or syrup only, others sprinkle with iced sugar, some spread nutella over... etc. I like the way they serve in Istanbul, probably because I had it there for the first time. We can call it altogether method, they are served with chocolate, fruits, ice cream altogether :)

When I couldn't find a kind of waffle I wished, I decided to acquire a waffle-toast maker. To tell the truth I hesitated at the beginning thinking if i would exaggerate baking waffles once I had the toaster because I didn't want us to risk putting on weight. Eventually our love for waffles gained the victory vs any hesitation:)

As I always do when we decide to purchase something new, I researched many different brands and models from basic to professional, cheap to expensive. At the end I opted for a very basic model which was also amongst the cheapest ones. It was so simple that it didn't have even an ON-OFF switch. You simply had to plug in or out to switch on or off.


I thought I didn't need something flashy and multi-functional. The most important feature for me to have a toaster with removable plates. Otherwise it gets so messy and hard to clean. I had to throw away my previous sandwich toaster for that reason. 
I also wanted something that can both make waffles and toast sandwiches, so I bought this model with 3 plates. 
I made waffles many times since then and I am quite satisfied so far. Even if its only function is its interchangeable plates, it is more than enough for my needs.

I get 10 to 12 waffles with the recipe below. The number changes depending on the thickness. The size of your waffle plates also may have an effect on the number. That's why I can't say how many waffles you'd precisely obtain. 

Here are the ingredients...

Waffle:
75g butter, cut into pieces
380g milk
2 eggs (60-65g each)
1 bag of vanillin sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
250g flour
15g baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
50g sugar

Top:

- Nutella
- Fruit slices up to your preference.
  • I often use banana, strawberry and kiwi.
- Ice cream
  • I often use creamy or vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate sauce
  • Instead of a market bought product, you can use the Chocolate Sauce that you prepare with your Thermomix.

Preparation:


  • Oil and preheat your waffle maker.
  • Melt butter for 2 minutes at 90ºC on Speed 1.
 

  • Add milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 4.


  • Sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl and mix. Transfer the mixture in TM Bowl, add salt and sugar. Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 3-4.
  • Depending on the size of your waffle iron, pour 1/2 or 1 cup (or ladle) of batter onto bottom plate, close the lid and cook. Cooking time may vary depending on the waffle maker. With mine it takes around 12 minutes.





  • Serve your waffles as you wish.


  • If you want to prepare waffles just like mine, spread some nutella first.


  • Place fruit slices over nutella.


  • Place a ball of ice cream over the fruits.


  • Dress with chocolate sauce on the top.



Enjoy...


Notes:
  1. It is important to serve them warm. So make ready all the other ingredients before the waffles are cooked. When the waffle is cooked decorate asap and serve warm.
  2. It will help you a great deal if you prepare and freeze them in advance. As I previously said, it takes around 12 minutes to prepare 2 waffles with my toaster. This might be time consuming and annoying when you have some guests around. That's why I usually cook and freeze them in advance. This way I always have some waffles ready in the freezer.
  • Bake the waffles, let them cool on the racks.
  • Place them in freezer bags and put in the freezer.
  • Whenever you need, warm them for 11-13 minutes in preheated oven at 180ºC. (You don't need to defrost them)



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder