8.05.2012

Pennette with Shrimps, Rocket and Saffron

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Roka, Karides ve Safranlı Pennette Makarna"
PER ITALIANO "Pennette allo Zafferano, Gamberetti e Rucola"


Mainly there are two things which alert me that the new spring-summer season has arrived.
First one is my recurring allergic symptoms even though every allergy test I did resulted negative; and the second one is the flowers that start appearing in the balconies...

This year I am even late to buy flowers to decorate our balcony.
Since the spring weather blows hot and cold, I don't want to take any risk for an incidental cold or frost effect. So I usually get my flowers after mid April.
This year the cold weather lasted a bit longer, we had two travels one after another and we've arrived at May before embellishing our balcony.

When we went to Flower & Plant Nursery, as usual, the dazzling beauty of their flowers took my breath away.

It is very hard to pick some amongst all those spectacular, glamorous, variegated flowers.
I was undecided between Petunia and Geraniums. At the end I decided to go with Surfinia again, a kind of Petunia, which I already tried in previous years and always admired at its high blooming performance.

We made a very colourful choice by buying different colours for each pot.
I am planning to try Pelargonium peltatum (I guess they are also called as Ivy Geraniums) for next year.

It would be a shame not to include the wonderful pictures that I took in the flower store.

On the top and bottom right you can see Surfinia, on the bottom left Million Bells flowers.


Ivy Geraniums which are called here in Italy as Gerani Parigini...



And some of many flowers in the nursery... Hydrangeas...Bellflowers... Zonal Geraniums... Begonias...




And finally, for seafood lovers, here are the ingredients for today's recipe...

Ingredients:
30g rocket
20g parsley
1 clove of garlic
40g extra virgin olive oil
40g white wine
250g shrimps, peeled and cleaned
Salt, pepper

2 bags of ground saffron (The bags I used are 0.1g each)
320g pennette

Preparation:


  • Chop rocket for 3 seconds on Speed 7. Set aside.


  • Chop parsley and garlic for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl with spatula.


  • Add olive oil and cook for 3 minutes at  100ºC on Speed 1.
  • Add wine and cook for 4 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 1.
  • Add shrimps, salt and pepper.


  • Cook about 3-5 minutes at 100ºC on Reverse/Soft Speed.
  • Add shrimp sauce onto chopped rocket and mix all.
  • For pasta, bring water to boil in a pot. Add salt and bags of saffron. Cook pennette for the time indicated on its package.
  • Drain pasta and mix with shrimp & rocket sauce. Serve into the plates.
  • If you wish you can sprinkle with some grated parmesan.

Enjoy...

Adapted with a few modifications from the recipe called Pennette allo Zafferano e Gamberetti in Io e il mio Bimby.

According to the recipe in the book also pasta is cooked in Thermomix however I prefer to cook our pasta in a pot so I used pot also here.

The flower photos were taken in Esiflor, Jesi (Ancona)



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder