3.05.2012

Chicken and Vegetable Loaf
with Tomato and Basil Sauce

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Domates ve Fesleğenli Sos Eşliğinde Sebzeli Tavuk Köftesi"
PER ITALIANO "Polpettone di Pollo e Verdure con Salsa al Pomodoro e Basilico"


We are back from another Istanbul visit which was full of meetings, long chats, breakfasts, dinners and in addition, brightened with warm weather.

Our travel though started and ended a bit troublesomely.
Our flight had a slight delay, the airport was so busy that we waited in passport control queue as we never did before, but above all my baggage was lost!
Until the last minute I kept waiting with hope, I didn't even want to accept that it was within the bounds of possibility however the moment that airport personnel started to collect the unclaimed baggage on the baggage carousel was to be the moment that shattered any hopes left.
The worst part was that all the things in the luggage were mine. This sentence can give a wrong idea as if I'd be more content if they belonged to Stefano so let me correct it:) It would sound better to put it this way: All of my stuff was in that luggage! ;)

In fact, with the experience of our many air travels, we always divided our stuff in two luggage thinking that if one of them got lost we both would still have some things to use, always but this time. This time we did it in a hurry. Consequently I ended with no clothes at all. (A small confession: it was the first time that I prepared the baggage, not Stefano)

Fortunately my luggage was found the day after and delivered in the evening. I got by with the same clothings one day only.
However as soon as we opened the suitcase the room became overwhelmed with a dense smell of wine. One of the wine bottles that we brought as present was broken and wet whatever inside. I was obliged to wash almost everything thanking my lucky stars that it was the white wine, not the red one!

As for my misadventure on the way back.. I got sick. How horrible it is to be obliged to travel on the very same day that you get sick! Nevertheless I prefer not to be sick during our visit but after.

Our days passed with meeting the most people possible, family, relatives, friends...  If we actually lived there, probably there would often be some problem, obstacle, excuse from one of the sides and we couldn't see each other this easy and this frequently. Since our visiting dates are always predetermined and the time is limited everybody is obliged to plan accordingly.

I didn't use to eat kebap that often when I lived in Turkey, I am not even that fond of meat but I guess because of longing that was caused by living in another country our days passed by eating many kinds of kebap from kuyu kebap to adana, from iskender to urfa :) 
One of the things that I want to make justly is kebap. I had several trials but failed to obtain a close enough taste. It might have something to do with the fact that I can't find tail fat of sheep I suppose.

As for today's recipe...

Ingredients:
100g green beas
100g carrot, diced
100g red pepper, diced
50g onion, diced
400g water
10g parsley
500g chicken, bones and nerves removed, cubed
1 egg
25g bread crumbs
Sale
Pepe

Sauce:
Tomato and Basil Sauce


Preparation:


  • Place peas, carrot, red pepper and onion in Varoma Bowl.
  • Put water in TM Bowl and steam for 15 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 2.
  • Set aside steamed veggies. Empty TM Bowl.
  • Chop parsley for 5 seconds on Speed 5.
  • Add chicken and mince for 10 seconds on Speed 7.
  • Add egg, salt and pepper. Knead for 30 seconds on Speed 4.
  • Transfer into a bowl together with the steamed veggies and knead by hand until they are mixed
  • Roll into a log shape with the help of some plastic film.

  • Remove the plastic film and then wrap with aluminium foil, bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 20-25 minutes.
  • Unwrap the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.

  • You can prepare your Tomato and Basil Sauce while the chicken is cooking in the oven
  • Cut the chicken into slices and serve with some tomato sauce.

Enjoy...


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder