3.02.2012

My Birthday Cake
"Mixed Berry Cheesecake"

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN
PER ITALIANO


Last Sunday, the 29th of January, was my birthday and I've eventually reached at 35 which is "halfway through the journey we are living" according to Dante.

When I first heard about these lines referenced in a poem, coincidentally my mom was 35 years old. Oh boy, how I did enjoy this coincidence! I kept laughing and repeating the lines of "age 35, halfway thorugh the journey" until I pissed mom off! :)

God, those years how old it sounded to be 35 and now I have the privilege of being there (!)
The rush I felt when I was a child to grow up as soon as possibile has long gone.
Big deal! Aren't the 30's are the new 20's?? Back on track then! ;)

We didn't have a very different organization for my birthday. The traditional Sunday family lunch was enriched with the addition of a few more dishes and two different cakes! 
In other words, Sunday lunch which was upgraded to a birthday celebration got back to us as some extra calories. 
Well.. It doesn't matter... I need some new recipes for the blog, don't I? :)

As I said, I was able to try four new recipes thanks to this excuse. I will publish when I find time to prepare them. I have many others on hand, just don't know when I could have them ready.

Even if I've made this birthday cake very recently I am publishing the recipe today as I don't want it to be posted two months from now and thus look out of place. As for the others, they just need to wait a little longer for their turn to come.

Ingredients:

Base

200g Petit Beurre, Leibniz-Keks or Graham biscuits
100g butter, roughly chopped

Cheese mixture:
200g ricotta
250g mascarpone
80g Philadelphia
120g sugar
2 eggs
15g flour
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 bag of vanillin sugar

Top:
2-3 tbsps strawberry marmalade (use a delicious one)
400g frozen mixed berries

Home made jelly:
150g water
40g fresh lemon juice
10g corn starch
100g sugar

Preparation:

  • Grease a 24cm diameter springform cake tin and cover with baking paper.
  • Melt butter for 3-4 minutes at 60ºC on Speed 1-2.
  • Add biscuits and polverize for 7 seconds on Speed 6-7.
  • Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Keep in the freezer for 30 minutes.
  • Place ricotta, mascarpone, Philadelphia and sugar in TM Bowl. Mix for 1 minute on Speed 3-4 and then again for 1 minute on Speed 4-5.

  • Add eggs, flour and vanilla. Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 5.
  • Spread cheese mixture with a spoon or a spatula smoothly over the base.

  • Bake in preheated oven at 170ºC for 35-40 minutes
  • Turn off the oven. Let it cool in the oven for a couple of hours.
  • Refrigerate it.

Top: 
  • Thaw berries as indicated on the package. (Due to the indications this can be done also using a microwave however I don't like them thawed that way. So I put them in the fridge inside their plastic bag for 4 hours before use)
  • Spread marmalade over cheesecake.


  • Spread evenly the thawed berries.
  • Place all jelly ingredients in TM Bowl and cook for 12 minutes at 90ºC on Speed 3. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
  • Pour jelly evenly on the fruits.

  • Refrigerate overnight.

Afiyet olsun...

Recently it is our nephew Evgheniy who concerns himself with blowing the candles kind of businesses ;)



The cheesecake was so delicious! 
Let me note here, our home made jelly is not gonna be very firm, I prepared it mostly to give a shiny look, sweeten and enhance the taste of the berrys.



Since we've talked about my birthday let me not end this post without adding the pics of my presents ;)


Beautiful flowers from my nephew, Kindle and some Ikea boxes where Evgheniy is laying on;)


...And here they are mounted :)


I found the recipe here. I made some changes due to my preferences.
Many thanks to Cinzia.67 for sharing it.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder